Re: For Linda and all

Wed Jan 28 10:52:38 2009

I would like to encourage everyone to keep their own self in the forefront. Remember that healing can also reside in our mind and as our anger builds, our bodies become "more" ill. As a mental health professional, I too have been gauled at how others "professionals" have treated my health concerns but then I remember; we don't all walk our talk. I trust my clients to be the experts on their own bodies and minds and while I have been trained in therapeutic theory and feel God has gifted me with a sense about people I still remain humble to the individuals' knowledge of self. If anyone can watch a movie call "The Secret" then I would encourage you to look it up and pay close attention. We are the captains of our own ships even when others stand at the ready to drill a hole in our boat. Others cannot drive us over the edge unless we give them permission by being emotionally easy. My life has not been easy and I have struggled with asault, rape, abuse, domestic violence and emotional abuse but I have spent 22 years domestic violence free and have had to practice daily becoming stronger even when I fall down. I have five children and my husband of 21 years is just as difficult to live with as I am which tests me all the more. But I chose him when I left a fearful life and sometimes he has to tolerate a lot of growing pains on my part. Please take time to remember that you are all valid in your frustration and anger but your path must remain steady. What is the secret? The secret is that we are all magnets for either the good or the bad. What ever it is that we worry or think about the most is directed into us or onto us and is experienced in our life. We must direct and practice positive thought and actions and responses. Remember that to react (emotion/behavior-no thought) instead of responding (emotion/thought and then response) to what is happening to us can take aware our power. Write down your anger or seek a professonal b ut do not live your anger or it could harm you more than any type of illness or adhesions. Shame on the doctors that don't hear us... but more important is to find the doctors or people that will....

Bless you all.... Terri(Theresa L Keown)> Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 11:17:11 -0600> From: katie_scarlett67@hotmail.com> To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Subject: For Linda> > Linda, I am so sorry you have had to go through all of that and I hope> your continuing struggle with ARD and your resolve to help find a cure,> serves as "food for thought" to those that might think their life is> over or not worth living.> > Katie> > My 48 year old, handsome brother and a former tough Marine was living> with pain. After his wife (a caring(?) nurse) divorced him because she> couldn't stand living with someone who was sick, he took his life. It> destroyed my elderly parents life and they didn't live long afterwards.> >We need to help one another and if we can't help someone, we need to say nothing.> >> >> ----- Original Message -----> > From: Jan Finley> > To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS> > Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 7:29 AM> > Subject: Hostility (adhesions site)> >> > The hostility expressed towards some on this website in the last few days is downright astounding to me.> >> > The condition we have affects all of us in varying degrees, or we would not be here trying to help each other, so we need to stop picking on someone else's words and then pouncing on that person without first giving it some thought.> >> > Even pain is relative, so we shouldn't judge others based on the ability or inability to handle it.> >> > Many thanks to all of you who have shared your stories with me over the years. I don't think I could have made it without you.> >> > We are here, in the world in general and on this website in particular, to learn from and to help each other. ber that everyone who comes here is fighting to survive the best they can, so let's leave the personal attacks on the other side of the door. Okay?> >> > Finally, we all need to stick together and make this an international issue, either through "Oprah", or some other outlet. But we must be ONE VOICE, and not go after each other when our pain leads to frustrations that about drive is "up the tree". I don't REALLY know how your pain ia affecting you at this precise moment, anymore than you know mine....But I do know that words can hurt and before we press the "send" key, maybe all of us should place the message in the "drafts" folder until we are sure that what we are saying is helping rather than hurting.> >> > Jan> >> > Oh - another quote before I go:> >> > "No kind action ever stops with itself. One kind action leads to another. Good example is followed. A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees. The greatest work that kindness does to others is that it makes them kind themselves." - Amelia Earhart (And, hey, didn't SHE get a raw deal? )> >> >-----------------------------------------------------------hecked by AVG - http://www.avg.com> > Version: 8.0.233 / Virus Database: 27= aw deal? )> >> >-----------------------------------------------------------0.10.15/1921 - Release Date: 1/28/2009 6:37 AM> >> > > To remove yourself f= aw deal? )> >> >-----------------------------------------------------------rom the adhesions@adhesions.org mailing list please go> to the unsubscribe form at http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm> p.s. for the web forum version see http://www.adhesions.org/forums/

ore_012009

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: