Incompetent surgeons in Washington state

Sat Aug 30 22:10:20 2008

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Kelly Murray Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2008 12:27 AM To: tracy.joslin@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Incompetent surgeons in Washington state

Maybe it is a good thing he didn't touch the adhesions.  you could get a bowel perforation or worse.  If you are going to get the adhesions out, then go to someone that specializes in it.  

>----- Original Message -----
From: IAS Admin (Tracy) To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 11:52 AM Subject: Incompetent surgeons in Washington state From: mrsde06@comcast.net (Julie DeStefano) Subject: Incompetent surgeons in Washington state

I never thought this was ever possible let alone that it would happen to me and I am thankful that I am not alone it all this.  People do think I am crazy or making it up when I talk about the pain I feel on a daily basis.

I had a C-Section in 1992, and two natural births after that.  So it has been 16 years that they have been growing.  I am now 38, I had been having what felt like menstral cramps since May of 2008.  The first doctor I went to did a pelvic exam, said I dont see anything or feel anything that would be causing your pain.  I wanted to kick him in his head when he was down there.  He ordered a CT Scan and said I needed a second opinion.  I went to another dr and a he ordered an ultra sound with out performing any exam, and found out I had cysts and masses on both of my ovaries and decided that they needed to come out.  I was just going to have my tubes tied at the same time, since we decided not to have any more kids and my uterus cauterized to help with my menstral cycles.

I scheduled 2 weeks off work and went in for the laproscopy, July 23rd. Dr.  said it should be a piece of cake, the cysts might take a little longer but there shouldnt be any problems.  I went under and then I woke from surgery to find out my doctor went in with the scope and found that I had adhesions.  He tied the tubes, closed incision and did the cauterizing and left me with the cysts inside.

He told my husband I had to have a hysterectomy and walked away.  I went to the hospital 4 days later to get a copy of my consent form to understand why he just didnt do the hysterectomy while I was under the anesthesia the first time.  (I wanted to make sure the form gave him the right to do that).  They gave me a copy of the dr's notes and that is how I found out I had adhesions.  It has been 1-1/2 weeks since the laproscopy and the doctor still has not called to say anything to me about it.  Now I am going to have to be put to sleep again, take even more time off work and go thru all that pain again.  I am still having pain in my left side and work is going to be worse now since I have so much lifting to do and where he did the laproscopy gets irritated so easily.

I am going to the hospital to confront the administrators regarding this crap.  I am so irritated that he didnt take care of it all while he had me under.  It showed how incompetent he was as a doctor before he cut me open and had I known anything about him like this, he wouldnt have layed one hand on me.  In one way I am thankful that if he didnt know what he was doing he didnt just start hacking and screw things up but he should have the education to know that this could have been a possible scenario.

I too live in Washington state (Spanaway) and am looking for a doctor with Group Health to perform the new surgery.  So please email me if you know of one.

Good luck to you all, and relief from the pain;

Julie D. Spanaway, WA

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: