Re: Is there any help for me?

Fri Aug 1 21:01:26 2008

At Mon, 21 Jul 2008, reba72 wrote: >
>I have had numerous surgeries for cysts, masses, and adhesions. And of
>cource that just makes the situation worse. So now 11 years after my
>left ovary and tube were removed they are telling me that I have a left
>ovary. how is that possible? I dont understand. I just had surgery in
>october of 2007 and they removed moore adhesions but the pain is back.
>Everytime I end up in the ER they treat me like a drug seeker.Some one
>please help me.

Hi Reba,

I too had the same problem. I had many surgeries for pain from ovarian cysts and Stage 4 Endomitriosis -- this then turned into major adhesion problems!! I had my ovary removed and tube and in 3 months it "grew" back. I was in extreme pain - so I went to the Dr., who then sent me to the ER, they did a CT Scan and saw the ovarian cyst. I thought the Dr. had the wrong persons results, and made him go and check to make sure that he had my info!! :) As it turned out it is called ovarian remnant syndrome. A piece of the ovary can be left behind (especially those of us who have adhesions!!!) Then because you still have estregen being produced, it stimulates the left over ovarian tissue to start to grow again. I ended up having another major surgery to have that removed and all the adhesions that grew back.... My pain has come back sometimes right away, sometimes within 3 months. I wish you the best of luck. Keep an eye on the ovary, it could develop cysts and be causing you the pain!!! I would suggest seeking an experience surgeon that deals with ovarian cysts and laparscopic, if possible -- and if you can someone who has dealt with adhesions. The ER can be a great place for relief, but also frightening if they treat you as a drug seeker, I have seen my share of both. Find another hospital, if possible. It may be worth a little extra drive for more understanding people. God Bless and Good luck!!! Feel free to email me if I can help you!!!

--
Jenny
kummer_jennifer1@hotmail.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: