Re: Will this never end?

Fri Jul 11 19:42:31 2008

This is an depressing disorder. Drs. don't know how to handle it most of the time or they don't think adhesions cause pain or they feel useless trying to help. Our families try to understand but they can't really unless they are in our body. I used to wake up every morning thinking that maybe it all went away while I

was asleep. I don't do that anymore. It seems when I get a good attitude about it, I feel better for awhile but then I get a temporary or partial blockage that takes me to the limit. I am really sick of taking meds also. I don't feel I take too much but even our loved ones think that if you take more then one thing for it, then u must have a medicine problem. I don't even take half of what they give me. My family thinks my meds make me grumpy. I try to tell them that it is not the medicine, it's because the meds don't really make the pain or sickness better. My best thing to do is to lay down with my heating pad.. I think it would be better for the family if we acted like nothing was wrong with us and we just suffer when we are alone. That's hard.

-------------------------------------------------- Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2008 3:44 PM -------------------------------------------------- To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net>

--
--------------------------------------------------
Subject: Will this never end?

> Sender: kryschamberlain@hotmail.com (Krys Chamberlain) > Subject: Will this never end? > > I have just had a wonderful holiday in Cyprus but the journey home was > like the trip from hell. I thought, after 7 years that I understood > what triggered an attack and have avoided those foods. I am beginning > to think that food has nothing to do with it because I get the attacks > regardless of my diet. > The day before we were due to return home was uneventful. Went out for > a meal and all I had was a mushroom starter. Harmless enough you would > think but the following day I got the familiar gripy pains. I had to > endure 3 hours at the airport and then a 5+ hour flight with the pains. > My doctor has prescribed anti spasmodics, analgesia, anti-depressants > and anti emetics. Nothing works and I wonder if life is worth it with a > future of agonising pains to look forward to every day. I sometimes > think that the only light at the end of the tunnel is that the pains > don't last forever and I do get a break from them.Sorry if this sounds > like a self pitying rant but I know you will all understand what I am > feeling and it's good to share, isn't it? > > -- > Krys. >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: