Mood swings caused by pain

Fri Jul 11 19:33:14 2008

I feel sometimes like I am losing my mind, with the mood swings I have been experiencing lately. Although I have been living with adhesion pain for many years now, this is the worst it has been ever, and it has been a few months straight now. I try to function, but I am only fooling myself because for just a few hours of normalcy I pay for days (going grocery shopping puts me down for days). I have been screaming from the heavens that I am in pain, yet everyone around me just expects me to keep on going. I finally broke down and went to the ER last week because I couldn't tolerate it without pain meds anymore, and like a fool I insisted on being released instead of kept because I felt obligated to my family to be home. I am waiting on insurance so I have not been able to see my regular doc, and the ER only gave me ten pain pills. Needless to say, a week later I am out. Yesterday I tried to shop, and halfway through the store, I nearly collapsed in pain. I am hurting so bad today and my first instinct is to go try to soak in a warm bath for some relief, unfortunately the more I soak, the more bladder infections I get, which just add to the pain. One minute I am crying and sad from the pain, and the next I am violently angry at the way my life is on hold. I am snapping at everyone because they just don't seem to understand. I have been out of work since my gallbladder surgery in January, because my boss said I didn't have enough time in to hold my job via FMLA, and I need to get back to working, but don't even feel up to interviewing. I had a great interview lined up this week, and I forced myself to get ready, all the while wondering how if I got hired I would even be able to do the job. Right before we were leaving, something happened to upset me, and the pain leaped forward in my mind and I was done. I couldn't try to push it away anymore and I had to cancel the interview. Now, my husband is being nasty because we need my income soon. Today is the 4th of July and we are invited to a BBQ, and all I want to do is climb back in bed....but will probably force myself to go because I don't want my Mom to be mad that we couldn't come. Isn't this crazy? If I had a disease they could physically see, and I begged off from a party, everyone would be understanding, but because they don't understand it--they will make me feel obligated to go. Then I will suffer and be miserable anyway. I just don't know what to do anymore. I can't enjoy the food anyway, because the pain after I eat and the nauseau from the pain will surely make me even worse. I just don't know what to do!

--
Thank you,
Lynda  (43yr old female)
New Jersey

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: