Re: trying to get help

Fri Jul 11 19:26:52 2008

I have had adhesion problems since 1990 following cervial cancer surgery. I have had numerous surgeries since then including 2 c-sections and a hysterectomy. My first adhesion surgery was done by my Gyn. The second, a general surgeon. When it became time for the 3rd, I went back to the general surgeon who told me he would not touch me until I was in the ER with a bowel obstruction. I was sooooo mad. When I went back to my Gyn for my annual check up, I told him what happened. He immediately scheduled me for laproscopic adhesion removal. This was in 1999. My mom waited in the waiting room and, within 15 minutes, he was out there telling her my adhesions were so bad that he wasn't about to attempt removal in that manner. When I met him in his office the following week, he told me to take the pain as long as I could because cleanup was going to require a c-section type cut because my adhesions were huge and many. To date, I manage my pain with high powered motrin and the occasional Dimerol. He told me when I am ready, he is ready. Last week, I had the absolute worse attack that I have ever had. My abdomin was actually swollen. I couldn't walk, talk, cough, sneeze..nothing. It was then that I began to wonder if the time is now. I am not in constant pain as most people seem to be but when I do have a flare up, it is not pleasant. Anyway...my whole purpose for rambling is this...ask your GYN if he / she will perform the surgery. My Gyn did my 13 previous surgeries which caused the adhesions so maybe he feels bad and wants to help..it won't hurt to ask yours.

--
Lisa

At Mon, 23 Jun 2008, WendyEbbe3@aol.com wrote: > >Hey All, >I'm in Minnesota the home of the so called famous Mayo Clinic and so far I >can't find a surgeon willing to even try operating on me. My last three >surgeries the Dr. did a laparotomy instead of laporoscopy. I can't handle getting >cut wide open again I wan to find a surgeon that can do it through >laporoscopy. My regular Dr. tried to get me into the mayo clinic twice and they said >they couldn't do anything for me. The surgeon I had last said she would call >the Mayo Clinic and they would call me but so far I have not heard anything. >The one thing I do know is that I can not go on like this for much longer. >Anyone know of a skilled surgeon in MN? I wish everyone the best of health and >hope that one day they will find a cure and we can all be pain free. >Wendy >========Original Message======== Subj: Re: trying to get help Date: >6/22/2008 11:34:28 P.M. Central Daylight Time From:

_carynlruzich@comcast.net_ >(mailto:carynlruzich@comcast.net) To: _adhesions@mail.obgyn.net_ >(mailto:adhesions@mail.obgyn.net) Sent on: >Terri, > >Never stop trying to find help! > >And I know how you feel about changing surgeons. I had a surgeon from the >time I was 17 for about 30 years, then he retired. The partners in his >practice were not as skilled as Dr. T, so they wouldn't touch me. One even had the >nerve to tell me "They (surgeons) don't fix adhesions". I was furious and >grateful at the same time. > >Surgeons are very finicky about removing adhesions. After about 20 >surgeries (give or take), the majority for adhesions, I know one thing for sure . . . >whoever you chose as a surgeon, be sure he is highly skilled. Adhesion >surgeries are extremely difficult and if you get the impression that surgeons >don't want to operate, it's not because they don't want to help you, it's >because they don't want to hurt or kill you. > >I. unfortunately, was almost killed by an inexperienced surgeon and now, >thanks to a colorectal surgeon, now have the doctor who pioneered the >lapraoscopic removal of the gall bladder. Dr. H is one of the most respected surgeons >in the Detroit metropolitan area and he is my surgeon. So please. never stop >trying to find the best! > >Best of Luck! > >Caryn >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: