Adhesions after hysterectomy??

Thu Jul 3 16:35:47 2008

I have had multiple surgeries after the birth of my son 6 years ago. I had a c-section with my son. I've also had cysts on my ovaries since I was 12, just to give some back up info. So once I finally found a dr. that wanted to actively do something to try to resolve the debilitating pain, he discovered when doing my first lap. that there were adhesions connecting my uterus to the lining of my stomach!! He removed the adhesions and that lasted about 3 months, until the pain was bad enough again that I could not go through my day to day life. When he did the second lap, he once again removed adhesions, and upon waking up he advised me that my uterus needed to be taken out to solve the problem. My uterus stayed in that time, while my left ovary was removed due to the hundreds of cysts that remained it and the adhesions were taking it over! In April I decided that I had had enough, and went ahead with the surgery to remove the uterus. I still have my right ovary and tube though. So I've felt great since recovering in April, but now am having some concerns. I am having the same back pain on the right side that has plauged me for years!! Is it possible that the adhesions can come back, even though they don't have my uterus to hang on to and pull every which way?? My doc. seems to think it has to be something else since there is nothing left on my right side. Am I crazy or is this possible??

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: