SprayGel Hope

Thu Jul 3 16:32:23 2008

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Kelly Sent: Monday, June 09, 2008 12:10 AM

Subject: Re: SprayGel Hope

I think women get them more as we have more pelvic operations.

From: carynlruzich@comcast.net Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2008 5:56 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: SprayGel Hope

Adhesions can happen to men (even though I've never known one), but the majority ARE woman.  I have theorized that it has something to do with hormones.  All I know is it's an overhealing process and something fuels their growth.  I wished medicine cared as much about adhesions as they do cancer and diabeties.   

>-------------- Original message --------------
From: tarahopkins@comcast.net (T-Hop) Donna - adhesions do not only affect woman, they also affect men and to the same degree.  If you happen to be a "person" who forms scar tissue this badly, they you end up in the cycle of surgery/pain meds/possibly feeling better for a time/bowel obstruction/surgery, etc.  I, myself have been all over the country and had 15 surgeries, majority laparotomy because they also could not get in through a laparascope.  The 15 doesn't count the ancillary surgeries for insertion of port-a-caths, etc.  I have a doctor in NYC now.  Dr. Joel Bauer---not the greatest bedside manner but works miracles with his hands.   

>-------------- Original message --------------
From: krdfld@aol.com Donna, I wish you good luck. Your story is so familiar, I've had 24 abdominal surgeries for the removal of adhesions and their related complications. I'm in so much pain everyday it takes my life over. What are you going to have done in Germany? Who are you seeing? If you don't mind telling me. I'm desperate. I've gone from the East coast to the West coast having surgeries along the way, and they can't get in with a laproscope, they have to do the laprotomy every time. I keep hearing I'm the worst they have ever seen. I don't know what to do, HELP!! Kathi

-----Original Message----- From: IAS Admin (Tracy) <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Sent: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 9:03 pm Subject: SprayGel Hope Sender: "Donna Johansen" <donnajohansen@telus.net> Subject: Re: SprayGel Hope

Hi Debbie, The more I hear from people who suffer from this the more I think all doctors need to be tied by their noses and drug to Germany to see what is going on there. What the hell is wrong here? I have a theory. This is for the most part a woman's issue. It isn't so very long ago that breast cancer wasn't taken seriously. A woman's issue. I am scheduled for knee replacement in the summer but it has taken me a long time and in the end I had to insist. In addition to the adhesion nightmare I am dealing with end stage arthritis throughout my spine and knees. A study in my area (Vancouver, BC) found that men were taken more seriously and given their needed replacement before women were. Women were and are made to suffer more.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: