Re: gallbladder adhesions

Mon May 5 12:25:56 2008

At Wed, 23 Apr 2008, Steve wrote: >
>Hello all. First time here and I'm finally reading some familiar things.
>I don't know if adhesions are my problems but from what I've read here,
>it could be. I had my gall bladder out in Dec 2006 and was fine until
>Oct 2007. Started having sever stabbing pain in the same area as gall
>bladder but it was ten times worse. Ended up on the floor at 3am and
>then in an ambulance an at the ER. They said I must have been passing a
>hidden gall stone. Stayed over night and the next morning they did an
>ERCP. Woke up with sever Pancreatitis and was in the hospital for 2
>weeks after. A few weeks later I started having breathing trouble
>and some strange feelings in my side right at the site of the gall
>bladder. It was like something was hanging, like a weight inside my
>stomach. Kinda like tugging. It would come and go and I managed to
>work most of January but then it got horribly worse and I have been at
>home since Feb 1. I've had Ct scans and xrays and keep getting told
>that there's nothing wrong. Yet I can't function! It hurts to breath,
>eat, stand up, lie down. I brought up scar tissue but was told that it
>wouldn't cause this much trouble. I am really at a point of no return.
>Pain pills don't work long and the pain returns. I am at a point where
>I feel like taking them all just to make it stop. I mean I really
>wouldn't do that but it is getting simply unbearable. Are there
>specific doctors that deal with this, because mine isn't willing to do
>anything else. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks
>
>--
>Steve
>

Hey steve,

My name is Brian. you can contact me at revalry@yahoo.com. I also had my gallbladder out. I knew within weeks of the surgery something was very wrong. I also had severe stabbing ice-picks being jabbed in my upper right quadrant. For 5 months they ran test after test, (all coming back normal). My original doctor then took me off my Percodans and Demerol and said it was in my head. I told him he was fired! he looked surprised. I found another doctor who within a few consulations brought up the theory of adhesions. But he understandably wanted and colonoscopy done to rule out Crohns disease. The gastro doc who performed the colonoscopy also thought adhesions could be the cause. You see my gallbladder was completely full of stones and highly infected. He talked to my surgeon and he thought of it as probable.

After nearly one year of complete severe pain (7-10) i underwent exploratorive surgery. Sure enough!!!! My liver capsule had adhered to my diaphram. They were taken down, but i was warned they could come back twice as bad. I went ahead and gambled. A month later i was experiencing the same thing again. This time with a viable diagnosis i was sent to two pain management doctors. They said they could not help. So all my docs(Surgeon, Gastro, Family) decided the adhesions were back and how to treat them. Surgery is now out of the question! I told the docs i didnt want narcotics such as Percodans, Morphine, or Demerol anymore. I dont like them! there had to be another way. My family doctor then put me on Klonopin 1mg 3x daily, with Librax 3x daily. I have been doing this treatment for only a few weeks, but my gosh i can function!!!! Of course there are times the ice-picks return, but if i stay on top of the time schedule with the medicine it limits the duration of the pain. I never want to see another pain pill again, and this treatment so far has at least got me to the point where i can function somewhat normally again. I am only 32. Email with any questions. Hope this helped

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: