Post Op Report

Wed Apr 23 23:22:43 2008

Hi everybody, I wanted to let you know that I made the trip to Celebrations Hospital in Florida and was so impressed with Dr. Redan, his staff and the hospital, too. I received excellent care and have felt immediate relief. I was so distended I was wearing maternity clothes. I came out of the hospital and put my size 2 pants on the very next day!I'm even going to the bathroom normally again! For those who have been told by GP or some surgeon that to do more surgery is a mistake...DON'T LET THEM MAKE THAT DECISION FOR YOU! You're the one who has to deal with the pain adhesions cause physically and mentally. I believe that we should avoid surgery if possible, but when PAD begins to change our everyday lives, our options are greatly reduced. Most of us don't want to live off of narcotics forever but we also don't want to waste our lives away lying on the couch too tired or in too much pain to take care of ourselves, let alone our families. Looking at the pictures that Dr. Redan provided my husband with after my surgery was a welcome relief for him and for me! I was walking around with my liver and stomach sewn together and wrapped in layers of cling wrap. My colon was covered as was my abdominal wall. So how dare any doctor tell me OR YOU that adhesions don't cause pain, or digestive problems. Dr. Redan didn't tell me my adhesions wouldn't come back and he advised me to consider physical therapy and a low dose anti-depressant to better manage my overall health post op. BUT HE DID THE SURGERY because he acknowledged that I needed it to get better. My insurance(Blue Cross) paid for it with no problem whatsoever. I don't regret my decision to have another surgery at all and I wanted to share my POSITIVE experience with all of you. Unfortunately, we have a medical condition that is underfunded, under-rated and misunderstood. But, it doesn't minimize how traumatic it can be when you're suffering from it. So, again. I just want to encourage you not to give up or become discouraged to the point of thinking there's no help out there. It might be harder to get it, but your health is well worth the effort!

--
Keep a good thought,
Lis:)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: