Abdominal adhesion problems

Tue Mar 18 18:23:32 2008

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of vhamm01@comcast.net Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 8:38 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: Abdominal adhesion problems

Dear Jennifer:

Right now I am taking 1000 mg of flaxseed oil in softgel form twice a day, for a total of 2000 mg. (I believe the capsules may come in 500 mg form as well.)

I started off just taking one capsule a day, but found that I needed to take a capsule in the morning and again with supper for the flaxseed oil to be most effective. I have heard that some people use fish oil capsules instead, but they tend to make me burp (yeuck!!!!)

I still become constipated from time to time, and as I said, I take a dose of Miralax and that usually helps.

I also avoid taking over-the-counter allergy and cold remedies which really constipate me.

Good luck,

-Valerie

--

-------------- Original message ---------------------- From: "IAS Admin (Tracy)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> -------------- Original message ---------------------- > From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf

> -------------- Original message ---------------------- Of > Sinski, Jennifer B. Blevins > Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2008 8:47 AM > Subject: RE: Abdominal adhesion problems > > Valerie, > > Do you know what the dosage on the flax seed oil is? > > Thanks, > Jennifer > > ________________________________________ > From: adhesions@adhesions.org on behalf of vhamm01@comcast.net > ________________________________________ > Sent: Tue 3/4/2008 9:40 AM > To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS > Subject: Re: Abdominal adhesion problems > Dear Margie: > > I have similar symptoms as you -- chronic constipation, ankles swelling, > difficulty in stooping over). I have diverticulosis, with a history of > ruptured colon, peritonitis and septic shock (my treating physician had > diagnosed my abdominal pain as IBS and depression - a typical male physician > dx). > > I find that by taking 2 capsules of flax seed oil daily I can prevent severe > constipation. When I need additional help I rely on Miralax. > > Hope this helps-- > > -Valerie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: