treatment Questions

Tue Feb 12 19:29:04 2008

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Marlene Wheeler Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 8:51 PM Subject: Re: treatment Questions

Hi, I can understand you not wanting to have more surgery, but you need to try one of the Docs who deals with adhesions on a regular basis. I've heard Dr Redan is good (in Florida) but also Dr Gerhart is in Pa. He is my surgeon. I ended up having to have two more surgeries last year, one with out barrier, and one with. I'm doing a lot better after the second surgery, it's been over a year now. I'm not 100% and may never be, but I'm on maintance doses of meds no heavey narcotics and may be able to get off altogether soon. Most of my problems are not just from the adhesions now, but from the surgeons letting me go too long here, thus the adhesions caused the bowel to start to atrophy. That's where most of my pain is internal in the small intestine. I'm thankful I found Dr G, or I would probobly not be alive right now. If you don't have to rely on narcotics, whether orally or implant, your going to be better off. Also their are new barriers coming up all the time. And these guys are up on them and know how to use them properly. Letting the adhesions get out of hand can really cause a lot of problems. I know they can come back worse at times, but then again they can make your quality of life poor to the point where they may not be able to take care of them. I haven't been sorry once that I went to someone who knew what they were doing, and deals with these things on a regular basis. I feel like I have more hope, Yes if I can go longer with out surgery the better. I feel confident that one of these days the medical community will find something that will take care of these things, and I want to be here for my family to get that chance. Good Luck Marlene check out Dr G's web site!

----------------------------------- > Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 19:13:28 -0600 > To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net > Subject: treatment Questions > > Sender: ----------------------------------- > Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 19:13:28 -0600 > dgold74@optonline.net (Deborah Goldberger) ----------------------------------- > Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 19:13:28 -0600 > Subject: Treatment Questions > > Hi everyone, > I have a couple of questions about possible treatment options I was > hoping you could help me with. I have had 7 surgeries for endometriosis > and adhesions. The last surgery showed no endo but many adhesions and > all of the organs in the pelvic area were adhered to the pelvic walls. > After this last surgery I was actually worse - I believe that the > adhesions came right back. > > My first question is about the Celebration Clinic in FL. I have heard > great things about the Clinic and I was wondering if anyone could tell > me what they do there that is so successful and how it is different from > what other doctors do. Because the last surgery made things so much > worse, I am very reluctant to have any more surgeries, but my options > are also very limited right now. > > My second question is about the procedure where they implant a device > under your skin that releases the medication directly into the fluid in > the spinal cord area. I was told that if it works for you, you need > less medication and there are less side effects b/c it is not going > through your digestive system, etc. Has anyone had any experience with > this procedure? Any thoughts on it? > > Thank you! > Debbie (NY)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: