FW: adhesions and fibromyalgia

Mon Dec 31 15:38:19 2007

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of geniebene@comcast.net Sent: Friday, December 28, 2007 11:04 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: adhesions and fibromyalgia

Wendy,   I saw your comment on having fibromyalgia.  I would love to know how you feel with it and if anyone else suffers with it also.  Since the onset of my adhesions issues 17 years ago, I slowly developed all over muscle and joint pain, swelling, etc.  It took years and years of tests and misdiagnoses from Lupus to MS to RA...now, 3 yrs ago, they've diagnosed me with FIBROMYALGIA.  This is the only one that seems right on.  I was put on Lyrica and Cymbalta.  It took huge doses of both to keep the pain under control, only to increase my abdominal spasms, cause massive weight gain, all around my middle (45 lbs in less than a year) and extensive swelling in my legs and hands.  It also increased my blood pressure significantly and caused lots of sweating and "hot flashes".  Since about two months ago, I weaned off the meds.  I'd rather deal with the pain, then all the side effects.  My BP is normal again, I've already dropped over 10 lb s. but the pain in even more intense.  The docs have agreed to send me for physcial therapy a few times a week.  I can't even stretch my abdomen without going into a horrific spasm. What do you experience with it?  Is anyone else out there suffering with these types of symptoms with the same or other diagnosis? God Bless all of us...   Jeanne  

>-------------- Original message --------------

> From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf
Of > WendyEbbe3@aol.com
> Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2007 7:56 PM
> To: tracy.joslin@adhesions.org
> Subject: Re: Good News/Bad News
>
> Hi,
> The more surgeries the worse the adhesions get. I too am just having major

> problems since last surgery in June of 2006 they went in to remove the
right > ovary due to cysts and they found my bowels attached to the abdominal wall

> so they took two inches of the bowel and now I'm sicker than I was before
> the surgery. Any way, as far as trying to get social security disability
> the best place to start is to find an Attorney that does disability only.
I > started a li ttle over a year ago and so far I've been turned down twice
and > now I'm waiting to get an Appointment to go before a
> judge.
>
> They tell me that could take another 20 to 30 months. I'm in Minnesota and
I > don't know if it matters what State you are in or not. While I'm here is
> any one else having problems with fibermyalgia on top of the problems with

> the adhesions? Maybe one day one of our son's or daughter's will find a
> cure for us.
> Thanks,
> Wendy
>