Long term disability

Mon Sep 24 09:30:26 2007

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of derek thoreson Sent: Friday, September 21, 2007 6:25 PM To: tracy.joslin@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Long term disability

Do not be surprised at how long SSDI takes to get approval.....It took me 2 years and I was finally approved at the ALJ hearing in Dec. of 2006(just a few days before Christmas! What a present!).  I did not think I would ever get it because I was only 36 at the time.  I was also unsure if adhesions(and all conditions related to it) was something I could get SSDI for.  Just keep good records, document everything and pray for a good outcome! 

I also did not qualify for SSI as my spouse made too much money.  I found that odd as my spouse at the time was in the Army(and we all know about enlisted pay!)  You pretty much have to have nothing to your name.  I am not sure if it matters on the part of the country or the state in which you live.  We live in Central Texas.  It can happen, good luck!   Linda

derek and linda

> Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 21:08:03 -0500
> From: tracy.joslin@adhesions.org
> To: adhesions@dns.obgyn.net
> Subject: Long term disability
>
> Sender: leenoga@cfl.rr.com (Ms Lee)
> Subject: Re: Long term disability
>
> >I have applied for disability, it has been since the first of May and no
> >word as of yet.
>