Re: Long term disability

Thu Sep 20 21:06:43 2007

>I have applied for disability, it has been since the first of May and no
>word as of yet.

Hi Donna,

I won SSDI on May 2007 after a 20 month battle. I did not qualify for SSI I had to much money in my account. YOu cannot have more than 2K to your name.

SSI is if you have no money, no assets, nothing...you are living in poverty and not working of course due to disability. YOu have little employment history.

I was denied x2 even with the documentation the Veterans Admin found me 100% unemployable, on #240 percocet a month, and have entero-colonic fistula's as a result of to many surgeries in the bowek area. I am in-operable, and no surgery unless life or death. I deal with chronic bowel partial bowel obstructions...and still was denied.

I borrrowed money from friends and family to survive...having adhesions was not a slam dunk for me...because it is not on Social Security's approved list of conditions and I was under 50 at the time.

I had to prove to them why it kept me from being gainfully employed. Maybe you will have better luck.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
SSI
--

Supplemental Security Insurance is based on an individual having a disability that affects their ability to work and the financial need of that person.

What is financial need? This is determined by the amount of income and resources (assets) a person has available. SSI provides a monthly check for a disabled person who has little in the way of income and resources and limited or no employment history

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- - ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- SSDI

Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) is based on a worker's lifetime average earnings covered by Social Security. This is determined by the amount that has been paid into FICA over the history of employment.

Hugs,

-MsLee

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: