FW: ADHESIONS digest 595 - Seprafilm

Tue Jul 17 18:38:26 2007

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of WendyEbbe3@aol.com Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2007 2:14 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: ADHESIONS digest 595 - Seprafilm

Marilyn, I've also had too many surgeries for bowel obstructions and adhesion's.  My last surgery was in June of 2006 and I haven't recovered.  They have never tried any adhesion barriers on me at all.  I would give almost anything to have a couple of pain free years.  Up until about two months ago I was pretty much bedridden because the pain was just so bad that I wanted to die.  Two months ago my Dr. switched me from percocet to Methadone.  I still have pain everyday but it's way easier to deal with, so now I do get up and do what I can.  As if the adhesion's aren't bad enough I have also been diagnosed as having gastroparesis, and guess what?  There's no cure for that either and the one drug there is for it has too many side effects for me.  So Marilyn it's just awesome that you've gotten some relief. Wendy   Pat, Good luck to you!  I hope you get some relief for a while.  I just hope the gastroparesis doesn't end up being another fate that ARD sufferers have to look forward to.  I'm never hungry and I just don't eat much cause it makes the pain worse. Sometimes it's even very painful to take my medicines.  I hope this will help my case for Social Security Disability Benefits.  I've been turned down twice now and filed another appeal and told that it can take 20-30 months to get an appointment with a disability judge. Sometimes I could just scream and actually with some of my bowel movements I do scream cause it's so painful (as bad or even worse than being in labor).  Thanks for letting me vent here and I hope the next time I have more positive things to say. Wendy

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Doddie, Pat Subject: Re: ADHESIONS digest 595 - Seprafilm

I would give anything if this were me, I’m probably having surgery next week, keep your fingers crossed!!!! Thanks for the positive email I don’t know about anyone else but I really appreciate hearing something good!!

Pat Doddie

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of pandagirl8790@aol.com Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 10:56 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: ADHESIONS digest 595 - Seprafilm

Hi,    I also have had many operations due to endo,adhesions wrapped around my bowel,bladder,stomach etc. My doctor used Seprafilm on me 5 years ago and I have been practicallly pain free! He also had me start taking a stool softner twice a day and my bowel works great! I know this is not a cure all and at any time this could happen again. But hey, I am enjoying it while it lasts. Marilyn

-----Original Message----- From: IAS Admin (Tracy) <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@dns.obgyn.net> Sent: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 10:36 pm Subject: ADHESIONS digest 595 - Seprafilm

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Rocngen@aol.com Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2007 6:58 AM Subject: Re: ADHESIONS digest 595

hi rosemary i had seprafilm but it is not the cure either, i think maybe that it will be a good thing for some people but others with more extensive adhesions its just an option that doesn't work.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: