PLEASE HELP! Need (fast!!) a very good ob/gyn surgeon in washington state

Thu Apr 5 08:29:35 2007

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Kandi Kroon Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2007 6:55 PM Subject: Re: PLEASE HELP! Need (fast!!) a very good ob/gyn surgeon in washington state

I was first diagnosed with abdominal adhesions after two years of agonizing pain and doctors sending me more doctors with no help and looks of doubt from all of them.  I finally went to see Dr. Patricia Otto who said that the hysterectomy every doctor was saying I should have may only cause me more problems.  She did a laporoscopy and found my entire abdomen, intestines and uterus covered in adhesions.  She cleaned me out and was very informative of my future outlook.  If it weren't for her, I would be in the same situation many others are from having surgery after surgery only to complicate our situation worse.  I live in Las Vegas now but last I knew she was still practicing.  If they say she isn't taking new patients, tell them you were referred and you really want to see her and if they could ask her.  She was truly a blessing for me.  Good luck! From: GCOWDRICK@MSN.com (SLC) Subject: PLEASE HELP! Need (fast!!) a very good ob/gyn surgeon in washington state

I'm a 29yo with chronic pelvic pain/hemmhoragic cysts on disability (open medical coupon) w multiple surgical/adhesion history, I'm have SEVERE ACUTE PAIN and need a good ob/gyn NOW who knows adhesions cause pain and will help me find ways to reduce my pain and help me find out what the heck is going on with me-fast I live in Bremerton, wa. but will travel anywhere in puget sound for the right doctor, the closer the better, though.

I've been having pain for about 3 wks, thought it was a cyst, had sex and got SEVERE pain, went to ER thinking I had a ruptured/twisted cyst but they did ultrasound/blood/pelvic and found zip. I thought maybe I strained an adhesion or something and layed in bed for 2 days, got way WORSE, went back to ER, they ran a CT, repeat U.S. & blood, again found zip. I'm in severe pain, I can't eat(very nauseus), walk, no BM, they said they didn't find an obstruction, I don't know what to do. I've never had this much pain w/o something being seriously messed up. I need a good doc asap. I have an 8yo and am a foster to another child and I can't just stop functioning, but right now I can't even walk around.

History-

I've had 10 surgeries, 8 laparoscopies/2 laparotomies, last one a laparotomy 1yr ago. I've had corpus leuteum hemmhoragic ovarian cysts that rupture/cause pain for 12 yrs, a reaction to a surgical product causing adhesions/foriegn body reaction until removed in a laparotomy 7months later, 11cm mucinous cystadenoma tumor removed last year from my r ovary (only one left, want badly to keep it, I'm engaged and we want more kids someday) and my omentum was stuck in my lower pelvis for 2 1/2 yrs and released w a lysis of adhesions when I had the lap to remove the tumor last year. I haven't tested pos for endo, but have had tissue that looks like endo seen during surgeries which biopsies back negative. I have chronic pelvic and I'm on a pain contract (I don't need a doc for that, I have one). I've had my appendix, left tube and ovary removed.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: