FW: Request for doctor in Oklahoma

Wed Mar 21 06:52:16 2007

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Rebecca Mitchell Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2007 11:00 PM Subject: Re: Request for doctor in Oklahoma

Hi Sam,   After surgery #32 I eventually had to stop working. I am 38 and on Medical Disability through my employer. I do work from home with photography and printing, but only when my pain allows me. Still in a lot of pain most times. I to do not like taking pain meds but sometimes it is unavoidable. I don't no of any programs in OK, but you may want to check into a physical therapy via water exercise in an heated pool. The water does not make you work out like normal PT. The water does most of the work for you, while the nerves and muscles are relaxed by the heated pool. I was referred by a Pain Management doctor, who to me was heaven sent. Some Health clubs have what's called a medical membership and some insurances cover it.  Also, for meds try Xanaflex it's a muscle relaxer but it sometimes helps my pain (makes you sleepy so I only take it at night).

I had a total Hysterectomy at 24 which was due to chronic endometriosis and adhesions all at the same time, now the adhesions adhear to my bowel, bladder, pelvic side wall, urether and anything else it pleases. I know it difficult for you but hang in there. I hope this info helps.

Rebecca Mitchell,  

>----- Original Message ----
From: IAS Admin (Tracy) <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@dns.obgyn.net> Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2007 6:00:48 PM Subject: Request for doctor in Oklahoma Sender: Jake something <jakeftm@yahoo.com>

wow that is really really rough. I just had surgery here about a week ago again it seems about ever two years i have another one for some reason and each time they tell me the adhesions are worse than before. Recently though i went in because i had formed an abcess in my pelvic area and they were going to take out the entire uterss and ovary (i already had the left side removed 2 years ago) but during surgery he feared cutting intoa  nerve or possible doing damage to the intistine so they were unable to remove the uterss and again cleaned out adhesions as best they could in hopes that when they closed up they wouldn't strangle the bowel which is often a post surgery problem. anyays my question is is anyone aware of a program in Oklahoma city Oklahoma or anywhere in Oklahoma for that matter? Until now ive been pretty admant about no pain medicnce but after this last surgery im not sure that i will be able to not take some at some point in time. Its been nearly three weeks and i am still really sore the doc. has assured me this is normal concidering this is surgery #6 in that area and each one the healing time will be longer. I'm not complaining though just looking out for future plans. I have a very physical job and i am starting to see that in the next 10 years i may not be able to do the same work i do now and i need to get my medical taken care of while i am in decent shape.

sam

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: