sigmoid blockage scared to death

Mon Mar 19 18:35:55 2007

I had a flexible sigmoidoscopy last week which showed that the distal sigmoid colon was flat and the scope wouldn't go through. They suspect adhesions from a hysterectomy 18 years ago. I've spent 3 years getting worse with nerve pain till I'm in a wheelchair and just got a diagnosis of trapped nerve at T12 but they now think that nerve is tethered by the adhesions.

When I wake up my abdomen is pop pop popping as gas tries to get through the blockage. Haven't had a BM since the scope last Wednesday. The pain when this happens is horrific; I soak in sweat, my BP shoots up and pain rips up my back.

I'm terrified but no one will do anything. I have to wait for a follow up appt to have a barium enema but that could be weeks. I rang for an emergency ambulance yesterday but they just said the pain had caused a panic attack. Doctor just says to take paracetamol with my oxycodone.

I now can't eat because the minute I put food in my mouth I get burning pain across my waist, lower abdomen and all over my back and I feel sick. Even a drink does the same.

I feel sure they are gooing to have to remove some bowel so please what should I ask about adhesion prevention andhow long can I let this go on? I can;t function at all and I'm scared to death.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: