Alternative therapy and pelvic adhesions

Wed Oct 25 22:19:30 2006

I have had five surgeries for pelvic disorders that started out with a severe case of endometriosis. I have had a tuboplasty , total hysterectomy , and two surgeries to remove adhesions from my pelvic region that had resulted from my previous surgeries. In 2004 I had a laparotomy to remove a massive amount of adhesions from my pelvic region. The doctor discovered that my small bowel was all twisted and stuck together due to the adhesions that had developed. They removed as much of the scar tissue as they could. Four days later , I developed a bowel obstruction and had to be reopened. They ran my small bowel and fixed the problem but I was very ill from having two surgeries within four days of each other. It took about eight weeks for me to fully recover. I did my research on pelvic adhesions and discovered that the more surgery you have , the more the adhesions return so I made a vow to myself that I was not going to have any more surgery unless it was an emergency. I decided to try alternative therapy and for the past two years I have been working with a Certified Homeopathic Practitioner , a Certified Massage Therapist , and a Chiropractor. For me , I can tell you that the results have been fantastic. I see my Massage Therapist once a week for a half hour session of Myofascial Release Therapy in my pelvic region. This is a series of deep massages and stretches that loosen and break up the scar tissue. This treatment has been like a miracle to me. Not only have I remained pain free for two years , but my bowels have continued to work very efficiently and I have not been plagued with any more obstructions. I also make sure I get extra fiber every day... at least 25 to 30 grams and I do a series of stretches that my Chiropractor has designed specifically for pelvic and lower back pain. My Homeopath has prescribed a liquid remedy called Thiosin which I take once a day. Thiosin is derived from Mustard seed and is a homeopathic remedy for helping to break up adhesions. It is completely natural and safe. I am so glad that I decided to look for alternative ways to deal with my adhesions instead of relying on conventional medicine which would include more surgeries and harmful prescription drugs for pain management. I also take a high quality liquid vitamin every day called Vibe which I get from a company called Eniva. Not only do I feel great and have a lot of energy , but I have been pain free and not bothered by my adhesions now for over two years. My Massage Therapist can feel a huge difference when she does my Myofascial treatments and says my adhesions have broken up and feel alot more pliable and loose. My conventional medical doctor is amazed at my progress and has even started recommending alternative therapy to some of his patients after being a bit skeptical at first. Unfortunately , most insurance companies still don't recognize alternative therapy as a valid medical treatment and do not cover it. I pay out of pocket for my Homeopathic and Massage Therapy. Hopefully one day the insurance industry will recognize alternative therapy as a valid medical treatment but I can honestly say that it is well worth it and I am extremely happy with my results. Maybe I have to cut back on my spending a bit , but to be pain free and healthy is well worth the extra cost. I hope this has helped some of you who may be looking for alternative treatments for management of adhesions. God bless .............

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: