Abnormal Liver enzymes test again

Sat Aug 26 15:35:23 2006

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of jeannec1@optonline.net Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 11:18 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: Abnormal Liver enzymes test again

Hi Christine, In 1989 I had my gallbladder removed and experienced pain and elevated liver enzymes afterwards. After many tests and a lot of pain, they found out that I had "Spinchter of Oddi Disfunction" The spincter of oddi is at the end of the common bile duct which leads from the gallbladder into the intestines. With all the gallstones that passed over the years, the spincter became hard. It is supposed to be like rubber,and open when a person eats and needs bile to help digest food. When it is hard it does not open and therefore the bile builds up, and causes pain and elevated liver enzymes. This problem is correctable.

Talk to your Doctor about this possibility. The way they test for this problem is with a test called an ERCP. Of course this is only one possible explanation for your problem, but it bears discussion with your physician. Good Luck. Let me know how you make out..........Jeanne

>----- Original Message -----
From: "IAS Admin (Tracy)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> Date: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 6:59 pm Subject: Abnormal Liver enzymes test again

> Sender: cvpetrie@xtra.co.nz (Christine Petrie)
> Subject: Abnomal Liver enzymes test again
>
> HI everyone,
> In January I posted a message about my eleveated GGT test. Well they
> settled down to normal for a while. I had a test in June and they
> werenormal.
>
> I was rushed to hospital in July with what was thought to be an
> obstruction but there was not one found. They did the usual blood
> testsand my liver enzymes test was off the planet- not only GGT
> but ALt as well.

Enter keywords: