Re: Zelnorm Episode has me scared /Omental Adhesions - I need your

Sun Jul 30 12:23:01 2006

Hi Natalie, I need your help. I've been suffering with endo, etc., you know how that goes. Well, it turns out I had adenomyosis which was so extensive it penetrated the uterine wall. The scan shows multipe fluid filled loops of bowel with the most fluid in the colon. After suffering 10 years and being told I was to high risk for surgery (I had pcos too, and the left ovary kept rupturing and no one would help me)..I found a gyn in Houston after 23 turndowns for help who did a laparoscopic supercervical hysterectomy. He said he saw NO ADHESIONS, but I get the operative report and it is noted OMENTAL ADHESIONS ON THE LOWER LEFT ANTERIOR ABDOMINAL WALL, AND BLADDER! No wonder I cannot urinate right, and nothing passes. This has been going on since age 5 (the constipation), the urinary problem developed in the last 3 years. My stomach will distend to the size of 2 footballs, nothing will pass and I am in agony. Then either I will vomit green, yellow bile, and food contents the same way it went down and days later sometimes. I do not know what to do. The GI dr I have is an idiot, he has been removing polyps from me since age 37. The last time I wound up with a rectal hemorrage, he gave me a bottle of Colyote, and 35 dulcolax tablets, half was vomited, half retained and the bowel would not empty..the polyp was on a stalk and atypical cells were found, not enough to diagnose colon cancer but there.......I need the name of a doctor that removes adhesions, and to make it worse I live in a rural part of Texas. The nearest major hospital is 2 hours away. I cannot take it, I've been sitting on a heating pad since 2002 with this......I cannot afford to go out of the country for this surgery, there has to be someone in the State of Texas that removes these adhesions in a high-risk patient. I am hoping to God, and I read all the postings....yours stood out to me, that you can refer me to a doctor.........Please.....if you can, help me find a doctor....No one I've spoken too, including the medical profession is experienced with the removal of omental adhesions...Thank you, Sabrina

[Admin note: information received from our website does not take the place of medical advice from a license physician]

At Fri, 30 Jun 2006, Natalie wrote: >
>Okay, I finally went back to the Gastro as I am getting really tired of
>restricitng my diet and eating 10-12 stool softeners a day.
>
>Brief history: 20 years of bowel problems, endometriosis (coincinding
>with the bowel problems), multiple surgeries, adhesions, you all know
>the story.
>
>Had a CAT scan on 6/19/06 which showed mildly prominent small bowel
>loops but no overt obstruction so MD deemed Zelnorm safe to try.
>
>I have been taking it since Monday and being REAL careful with my diet,
>especially since I stopped the stool softener. First day was rough with
>severe headache and diahrea which has improved.
>
>Last night I had about 45 minuts of fairly intense pain...a real
>burning, gnawing pain that I've had in the past in my lower mid
>abdominal area with mild nausea. Pain radiates to my back and left
>side. I have had it many times in the past but have managed to avoid it
>with careful diet and stool softeners and taking Femara for endo symptom
>control. It is always much worse when I am lying down and eating seems
>to be the trigger. Lots of tossing and turning and could not lay on my
>abdomen at all.
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: