Adolescent pain please help

Fri Jul 14 19:37:12 2006

From: IAS Admin (Tracy) To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2006 11:52 AM Subject: Adolescent pain please help From: mlln4ever@yahoo.com (Lanny) Subject: Adolescent pain please help

My teenage son had an emergency laparoscopic meckelectomy, and elective appendectomy last year.  Exactly after one year after surgery he began to have periumbilical pains, with presyncope, dizzines, sweating, pallor.  It scare us very much.  Many tests (X rays, CT scans, endoscopies, sonograms, blood tests etc), were done but nothing organic was found.  We've been to many doctors and no answers have been given. Many of the symptoms have subsided quite a bit since the begining, but there is still occational periumbilical pain specially minutes after eating in the morning.  Pain may last a few minutes to an hour, and it may start 20 to 30 minutes after eating.  On a one to five rating he describes the pain as a five.  One doctor said it could be adhesions, but he wasn't sure.  I have many questions to members; How does the pain feel? He describes it as if someone was punching him and there is localized pain uppon pressure in the area. Could adhesion pain get better or worse with time? Like I said his pains have subsided from almost daily to about 3 or 4 times a month and they don't happen after every meal.  He does not miss as much school as he did before.  Could this still be an adhesions? He feels tired after the pains too.

Is there any way to diagnose adhesions for sure? Sorry for all the questions but we are desperate for answers to these unknown symptoms.  Any help would be appresicated, thanks.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: