please help....is this adhesions??

Fri Jul 14 19:36:30 2006

My name is Tannis and I am 30 years old. I was doing fine until about a year and a half after I had my son by c-section. He was breech. Following the C-section, my whole stomach was numb for over a year. Once the feeling came back, my pain (right groin aching) started. I also started out with a feeling of a urinary tract infection (no urgency or frequency, but a feeling of pressure and pain and urethral discomfort). I finally went to my doctor and it turned out I had vaginitis and a severe yeast infecion. No urinary tract infection though. Ultrasound was normal. Blood work normal. Had another ultrasound and it was normal. Went to a urologist and had a cystoscopy and a pelvic MRI. All normal. Did a urine did test with my gyne, and it showed up pus and blood in my urine, but no infection. Trialed Macrobid for two weeks with no improvement. Diagnosed with possible IC. Urologist disagreed. I felt like I had a fistula. Could feel something like air bubbles in my vagina or urethra. No fistula showed on testing though. So, of course I was written off as totally crazy. Now, my doctor thinks I might have nerve entrapment, but says I just have to live with it and no treatment would help. I am in severe pain. I have constant right lower quadrant aching pain. I also have constant sciatica like feeling pain going right to my right foot. I have severe lower back pain all the time. When I lay on my right side, I have severe right hip pain, very nerve pinched feeling. I have pain going down my thigh to the level of my knee (on the top of my leg). My urethra is sore most of the time. IC drugs are not helping (although I have only tried pyridium and elmiron). I cannot do the bladder instills because my urethra is so sensitive I cannot stand the pain of catheterization. Intercourse is horribly painful, as is even orgasm. I have alot of pain when the area around my scar is touched. I also have severe constipation all the time. It also hurts and burns when I have a bowel movement, even a soft one. I don't know what to do anymore.

In the past, I have also had an appendectomy done via laparotomy, and it turned out that I had chronic appendicitis with a necrotic appendix. >From this surgery, my incision is quite large (almost from my belly
button down to my c-section scar. The scar is quite wide, and I have have sharp ripping pains from it. This surgery was 6 years ago. I have also had laparoscopic gall bladder surgery with removal (10 years ago).

I am trying to find a new doctor, but it isn't easy. I was going to try a chiropractor, but I am afraid that it will make things worse. I feel like I have a constant yeast infection, as that area is so sore all the time. I am going crazy with the pain and lack of treatment. Does any of this sound like something you had? Do you have any advice? I have made an appointment with my Gyne again to see if he would consider doing surgery for the adhesions, but am scared that this is not what is wrong. Thank you so much for listening.

--
Tannis

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: