Re: Zelnorm Episode has me scared

Thu Jul 13 12:34:13 2006

Hello, Natalie.

I hope you are feeling better. I just found this website today, after having a very bad episode over the weekend. I took some Epsom Salts with distilled water and an hour later, followed that up with a couple of tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil with pure lemon juice in 8 oz. of water, and that helped some. So you might want to give it a try. Good luck.

--
Finley

At Fri, 30 Jun 2006, Natalie wrote: > >Okay, I finally went back to the Gastro as I am getting really tired of >restricitng my diet and eating 10-12 stool softeners a day. > >Brief history: 20 years of bowel problems, endometriosis (coincinding >with the bowel problems), multiple surgeries, adhesions, you all know >the story. > >Had a CAT scan on 6/19/06 which showed mildly prominent small bowel >loops but no overt obstruction so MD deemed Zelnorm safe to try. > >I have been taking it since Monday and being REAL careful with my diet, >especially since I stopped the stool softener. First day was rough with >severe headache and diahrea which has improved. > >Last night I had about 45 minuts of fairly intense pain...a real >burning, gnawing pain that I've had in the past in my lower mid >abdominal area with mild nausea. Pain radiates to my back and left >side. I have had it many times in the past but have managed to avoid it >with careful diet and stool softeners and taking Femara for endo symptom >control. It is always much worse when I am lying down and eating seems >to be the trigger. Lots of tossing and turning and could not lay on my >abdomen at all. > >Needless to say I am going to stop the Zelnorm until I talk with my MD. >I feel like we are missing something here and I have never felt that >irritable bowel is the problem. Given the size and shape of my stools, >the sense of pressure (like a square peg trying to fit the a round hole) >it feels like "something" is keeping food/stool from passing. But my MD >says my CAT scan is "normal".

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: