Abdominal Pain in Males

Thu Jul 6 08:56:39 2006

I have suffered from dense abdominal adhesions since 1977. They were lysed in 1977 during an appendectomy, they were again lysed in 1978 for partial obstruction,in 1999 there were severe adhesions found while having my gall bladder removed and in 2002 lysis of even more adhesions. In Sept.2002, I had a complete obstruction and was in the hospital for 3 days. After it cleared itself, I was told by the attending surgeon that "you had a simple bowel spasm" ! He just completely dismissed it. A year later I was in the hospital again and was told, "Do you know you were completely obstructed back in Sept. 2002 ?!".

I have had constant unbearable pain and must take Morphine and Vicodin. I have not been told that my pancreas is burned out, but regarding this belly pain and bowel disruption - "it's all in your head". How can Doctors dismiss this problems with scar tissue and adhesions? How do I attempt to convince them to see things differently without damaging their egos? I really want them to look in the abdominal cavity again, but no one will consent to it. Is there anyone else in my predicament? I feel so alone.

--
Rick

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: