Surgery In August

Thu Jul 6 08:54:24 2006

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Kelly Murray Sent: Tuesday, July 04, 2006 2:10 PM Subject: Re: Surgery In August

SDH, What procedure does this dr. do that gets rid of adhesions.  My opinion is that you will most likely get them back unless they use some sort of barrier.  You are having your fifth surgery.  I think a open surgery causes more trauma to the body, hence more adhesions.

>----- Original Message -----
From: IAS Admin (Tracy) To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Friday, June 30, 2006 9:50 PM Subject: Surgery In August

Hi Everyone- I am having my fifth surgery in August to remove colon adhesions, and I am a little concerned about the procedure to remove them.  I have had four operations in the past two years to remove adhesions, (one of them being a hysterectomy)and all of the operations were laparoscopies.  Since having the hysterectomy and having my condition worsen, I went to doctor after doctor to get their opinions on adhesiolysis.  The general consensus from all of these doctors was that they felt that the only way to really remove adhesions and see all of them was to perform a laparotomy, which is a completely open surgery.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: