Re: 1st time posting - advice please!!!

Sun Apr 2 22:01:45 2006

I am months into the process of applying for SSDI & also Priv. Disability Insurance and ... wow. I am actually to the point now that they are scheduling me for independant examination(s). I mentioned being depressed, which my GP felt confident the Neurontin I am already on, would help with. Well SSDI doesn't really see any notes from my Dr. about my depression, so they've scheduled a mental exam for me! I am actually looking forward to it! There's alot that I have wanted to ask 'is this normal?'. But don' necessarily want to share with my hubby & family. The examiner can't treat me, can't prescribe anything to me, but they can give observations which I can then take to my Dr. And it will be nice to have some stranger in a room I can let my guard down and tell all to. I know it might sound nuts, but I think that 'my guard' is what often prevents me from relating to my Dr. exactly what kind of and how much pain I am in... hard to untrain myself you know?

That strong women only cry in private. Strong women don't show their pain, they use it. Bullstuff that helped me get through the corp. world, is like engrained now and I am guessing doing more damage than good when it comes to this medical process.

Wishing everyone A spring full of pain free days!

At Thu, 30 Mar 2006, IAS Admin wrote: >
>From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of
>Kelly Murray
>Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 9:57 PM
>Subject: Re: 1st time posting - advice please!!!
>
>Maybe you should try Social Security Disability.
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: