Re: Surgery

Thu Jan 12 20:53:17 2006

Hi Melody,

I was angered when I read your email where your husband hid your pain medication when he found it in your drawer. How outrageous! I hope you show him this email - he has NO right taking ANY medication that you are lawfully prescribed by a Dr. .. whether its an antibiotic or a narcotic. If

you are not purchasing prescription medicine illegally on the street, you are not abusing prescription pain medicine, and you are not hiding the fact that you are on pain medicine (i.e. saying you are not taking pain medicine when you are still being prescribed them and taking them) - then what he did

is reprehensible. I don't care whether you are married to him...you are an

individual human being and not only that, but that is YOUR medicine - not his. By law he could be prosecuted for what he did (narcotics are a schedule II drug and he has no lawful right to have them in his possession.

That's just the legal outrage of it - I find it horrendous that he could do this on a personal level. He is supposed to love you? Care about you? How

selfish and thoughtless could he be. What did he say when you discovered what he had done?

I have great empathy for you and I hope that your upcoming surgery will be successful. In the meantime, buy yourself a locking combination safe (one that bolts to the floor) and put your medicines in there. Failing that - find someplace to hide them where he does not know if you have to, and only keep enough in your purse or pocket for the day. If he continues to play physician with you then talk to the police or the pain management doctor/prescribing physician that he is stealing your prescription medication. I guarentee you he'll stop then.

--
DT

>----- Original Message ----- From: "International Adhesions Society" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@dns.obgyn.net> Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:55 PM Subject: Surgery

> Sender: mbyrne@paddocklabs.com (Melody) > Subject: Surgery > > Hi: > > I have been posting messages here for almost a year - I have a 15 year > history of adhesions. I will be having surgery number 7 on February 9th > with Dr. Jay Radan in FL, I live in MN and have not found anyone > willing to touch me and after having to see multiple doctors and being > accused of being a drug seeker and having my pain minimized (it is still > so repulsive to me that these doctors have been more than willing to > butcher me for the last 15 years and then they just give up on you and > dismiss you when you get to this point -

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: