Just Checking In

Wed Jan 11 18:57:10 2006

Hi everyone. Well, I finally hit the brick wall. After surgery in October, I got 5 days of relief and then back into adhesion hell again. Thankfully, my surgeon, gastro docs, pain doc and pain shrink, are backing me up on my disability claim. I have to say the psychologist has been a tremendous help in accepting that I'm going to be sick for the rest of my life, but that I do still have a life to live. With the pressures of trying to keep up a "normal" life and working lifted off me, I'm dealing with it much better - as is my husband. While I hate being on a liquid diet most of the time, there is still joy to be had in my life and I make the most of the good days and get through the bad days as best as I can.

In all the years it took to reach this point, I ended up in the best possible place with supportive doctors who have treated me for years and know I'm not drug-seeking or trying to pull something over on the insurance system.

So, no more surgery for me unless it's a life-threatening emergency, and I'm OK with that. The psycho-therapy has really changed my idea of pain management from the idea of no pain, to actually managing the pain that can't be touched by any amount of meds. Thankfully, I have a ton of support from my husband, family and friends as well.

Pain-free and happy days to one and all.

--
Jen in Houston

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: