Re: Acitq

Thu Dec 29 22:18:07 2005

Reba,

Wow is the only thing that seems to come out of my mouth when I read about the withdrawal from the Actiq. As I stated before, I am on only 400 mcg. I do not seem to have any of the same issues as you do when it comes to withdrawal. I wonder if it has to do with the Methadone that I am on. I know they use Methadone also to help people get off other narcotics. I went through withdrawal back in February when a different doc had given me other meds and I stopped taking them because I felt better. (I didn't wean off them). I slept for 2 days, lost weight from not eating, had the creepy crawly feeling (I hate that, feel like I am going to pop out of my own skin). I swore I would wean off any other meds. Don't ever want to go through that again. Did a lot of crying and was very scared of everything. I take the Actiq about 3 to 4 times a day depending on the day. Somedays it can be as little as 1 and others I need all 4.

I think maybe they just can't handle watching us take the meds. With pills they can turn away for a sec and not be reminded of how we are really feeling, but with Actiq, they watch you for 15 minutes. I have learned that about one minute or so after you start it, you can twist the stick off. Then they don't see and can't complain as much, lol. But then I also feel like I am trying to hide something like a true addict. My husband said to me on Christmas "You just had one an hour ago" I reminded him that it was more like 3 hours and I am taking them as I was directed by my doctor. I just hate when they put in their 2 cents. Don't tell me what and how to take meds. I know what I am doing. If they are as concerned as they say they are then maybe they should find ways to make it easier to deal with the pain. (Like carrying the laundry up without having to be asked. (But that's another discussion, lol).

I really hope you can find a way to take the meds and not have to go through all of that withdrawal. Take care and feel free to e-mail me.

Ann Marie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: