Lap test

Thu Dec 29 22:14:38 2005

Hello, my name is Rachel and I am new to this board. I just had a lap test done last wednesday and although I was still under anesthesia, I do remember some of what the surgeon told me. He had some pictures in his hand and said that I had some adhesions on my right bowel and a lot of vericose veins as well. He also asked if I got my appendix removed because he couldn't find it. I never had my appendix removed, so I don't know what to say about that.

I am a 32 year old mother of two beautiful little girls, one of which is almost three and it was right after her pregnancy that I began having problems. My stomach was (and still is) swollen with a lot of pain, heavy menstrual cycles, headaches - you name it. I have had every test you can think of, ultrasounds, catscan, etc. I was even told at one point that my stomach muscles were paralyzed and so they did a biopsy, this biopsy came back normal. It wasn't until a few months ago when my cousin suggested I might have Endometriosis and that is when I asked my doctor about it and here I am.

Since the surgery last week, I have not been able to go pee and so I went to see my doctor the very next day and she put me on medication for a UTI. She wasn't definite about it though because she couldn't really tell with the test but to be safe, she put me on it anyway. She said after about a day or two, I should feel a lot better and be back to normal. Well I am not! I ended up in the Emergency Room last night because the pain got so bad, buring and very bad back pain. The ER took me in right away and gave me a catheta. As it turns out, I had TWO LITERS of urine inside of me. I couldn't believe it! The doctor said sometimes when you have surgery, your bladder can become "stunned" and stop working, he thinks that is what happened with me. The doctor made sure to contact the surgeon that performed my surgery, so he too would know what was going on. I was then sent me home with the catheta (JOY) but late this afternoon, the pain got bad again and so I had my regular doctor take it out. I have a follow up with the surgeon in a few weeks but for now, I don't know what to do. My doctor told me if I didn't pee normally by tomorrow, I would have to come back and so far, I am not peeing normally. I am scared, confused and aggravated. I don't understand what is going on. This is all new to me.

I am hoping that there is someone out there that can relate to what I am going through and/or at least give me some advice. What exactly are adhesions and what do they mean? I don't even know if the surgeon removed them or not. Now I know why I am having so much pain and why I have trouble going the bathroom. Could these adhesions be from my back surgery about seven years ago? No. I don't know hardly anything about adhesions nor do I know why I have a lot of vericose veins either. I heard of vericose veins on the outside but not the inside.

I am willing to hear anything and everything. I need all the help I can get at this point.

Thanks a lot. RACH

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: