Re: Hi from Marlene

Sun Dec 25 13:31:30 2005

Vicki, I have been in touch with the company that makes one of the Spray Gels on the market. They are hopeful to do clinical trials here this next year. I have contacted them to let me know when and where. They obviously are not approved in the US yet. I'm sure they are working on it. I have heard some good results from it, and bad. Mostly good which is encouraging.

The e mail address is confluentsurgical.com I was into another surgeon this week, and he was not willing to take care of my adhesion unless they need to go in for something else, ie bowel obstructioon or something like that. I do have a stricture, but at this point their not willing to deal with that yet. It was interesting, because he told me that 10 years ago they probobly would have done surgery on me probobly 3 times in the last year.(a bit scary.) He had heard about the spray barriers of course, but had heard that their were a lot of post op infections. I know their are a couple companys making different sprays, but who knows which one had these problems. We're pretty close to the point of looking else where for some one to take care of these adhesions. I am pretty much in constant pain. I haven't eaten solid food for almost 2 months due to the pain and nausia. The though of even getting a spray barrier even if it is investigational is very appealing. Their pretty close to putting in feeding tubes and I want my life back! We're going to continue with the Docs here for now. My GI docs are going back and reviewing everything that has happened to me over the last 2 years the surgeries etc. to see if we're missing something, and then we'll go from there. I'm also checking at my options across the country, and we're also talking about financial options for going to Germany, or the Cayman Islands for the surgery.

Hang in there. I know it's very ruff, but I constantly have to tell myself that I have too much to live for. I'm not going to let this get me down. When I talked to the second surgeon this week and I didn't get anywhere I was very depressed and angry. It took half of the day to perk up after that. But with a lot of prayer and being pro active about my care. I came up fighting in a very short time. Luckily my husband is still hanging in there. He's having a ruff time though. We ended up talking about the fact that we were going to do what ever it takes to beat this, even if in means borrowing money to fly over seas. We're probobly going to look at our options in the US first. Just keep your chin up. E mail me anytime. Marlene

At Sun, 11 Dec 2005, vickifl05@yahoo.com wrote: >
>I heard that there were clinical trials at one time but no longer in the
>us. My doctor and his partner used the spary gel on a hand ful of
>patiens and they had bad results and almost died. please let me know if
>u get any info about the spray gel in the us. i really want to use it
>but can not afford to go to another country to get it. Good luck....
>vicki

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: