Confluent.

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Sun Nov 20 06:28:27 2005

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of DBargad@aol.com Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 3:03 AM Subject: Re: Confluent.

Dear Melody- Thank you for sharing your experiences and being so proactive!!! It gives the rest of us inspiration and strength. The thing with spray gel is, and this is on a bio chemical level, a preparation that could change the face of surgery as we know it.

I dont know if the FDA is stalling because there is too much repeat business in adhesion surgery. Its been several years. Adhesions seem to be a nuisance to surgeons more than anything. That is upsetting in itself. More people would have surgery if they could recover adhesion free with spray gel. Atleast I think so. I do know that several barriers and sprays have failed in europe. I suspect that is why there is so much reluctance in the USA. They are waiting for a very high success rate outside the U.S. The strangest thing is, that most of these coatings come from there former use in industrial factory environments.

Finding a synthetic substance that the body wont reject, and something that can prevent more adhesions from forming is daunting to say the least. I also think that the fact that Confluent is a small bio chemical company versus Lily or Johnson & Johnson means there is no benefit to big pharma. Confluent is a private company, and not a worldwide leader in medications or biomedical fields. Believe me when I tell you, If Eli Lily had the patent, it would have passed by now. Its all red tape and who is or isnt getting paid off. Bound up with adhesions and red tape. I dont know which is more painful or frustrating. Wishing you a pain free day. Deborah

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: