Re: fuel to the flame...

Fri Nov 4 22:17:49 2005

DeeDee, You are so right about the "unnecessary cruelty"! That's why we all must be our own advocates. We are the employers to our doctors and health care professionals. They are our employees!! You can bet that none of them would keep an employee who felt about their jobs the way some of them are treating

us. I have been so fortunate to have very wonderful doctors through the years and now am going to the motility clinic and surgery clinic at Cedar Sinai Medical Center in Beverly Hills, California. I only wish you could all

have the same experience I have been so fortunate to have. It hasn't always been that way, since in the early days, I had doctors who pooh-pooh'd my complaints of pain, but since I became so obstructed from the adhesions in 1987, and the surgeon found extensive adhesions, I carried those reports with me until I had good docs. My most recent victory was having started on Lexapro for depression. I didn't realize how depressed I had become over so many years of suffering, but told my doctor about not being able to sleep and about recently thinking

all the time that dying might be much better than all the suffering I was doing. I'm sure the lack of sleep had a lot to do with that bad attitude, but he started me on a mild sleeping pill and an antidepressant. It was like

a miracle. By the end of a week, I was rested and felt like my old positive self! What a great thing that was! I felt like I could handle anything that came my way. Good thing, too, since I have to have surgery again soon!! I see the surgeon on the 10th of November (They called and changed my appointment from the 16th today). Best of Luck to you and all! Rebecca

>----- Original Message -----
> Sender: deedee_19672003@yahoo.com (Deanna)
> Subject: fuel to the flame...
>
> I have been dealing with adhesions for many years now and the one thing
> that has made dealing with it even harder is....Doctors telling me that
> it was in my head or even implying it.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: