Severe Abdominal Pain

From: International Adhesions Society (
Tue Oct 4 19:11:04 2005

From: [] On Behalf Of Elizabeth whitt Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 8:51 AM To: Subject: Re: Severe Abdominal Pain

>From what i've been told, if adhesions are suspected
and there aren't any bowel blockages as a result it is very difficult to get a doc to do surgery. I have been told before that it would have to be a general surgeon who would perform the surgery for adhesions.

My latest surgeon is actually a GYN because I also have Ovarian Remnant Syndrome which a general surgeon will not touch. Take a look at Magee Women's Hospital which is part of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and Hospital. They have tons of doctor's there and you can look at their website to see what their specialty's are.

The University of Pittsburgh Physicians has I believe something like 15 doctor's that specialize in female problems, but again there has to be something also related to "female problems" like endo for example.

I sure hope this helps.

At one time before they figured out that I had this ovarian thing they thought all my problems were caused by the adhesions but were messing up the bowel to the point that surgery was going to have to be performed for this. My GI was going to refer me to University of Virginia to a Dr. Foley. He is supposed to be one of the best when it comes to bowel problems related to adhesions.

Sender: Subject: Re: Severe Abdominal Pain

Could you please tell me what doctor you went to in Pennsylvania? I am at the end of my rope. I can't get a good night's sleep because of the pain. I really need some help.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: