Re: abdominal pain...

Tue Sep 13 20:25:36 2005

Hi there Melissa. I have had 2 major surgeries and 1 lap in the past 5 years. The last surgery I had was the vertical cut. That was April 22. July 22 the pain started up again. I am currently on Dilaudid and Methadone. I feel that they don't do much. Last week it was like they did nothing. I saw my regular doc on Friday and he wants me to go get a sono. Every time the pain is really bad for me there was always a cyst there. He just wants to check. But he made me realize that the Dilaudid and the Methadone are probably working to some point and if I wasn't taking them the pain would throw me back in the hospital. Cause he asked how bad it was and I said not as bad as when I went to the er. Those times I was not on these pain meds.

I know for me there will never be a chance of a lap again. Any surgery will have to be the old fashioned way. My pain doc said he could feel the scar tissue already from the surgery done in April. Amazing how fast it accumulates.

Well thanks for your support Melissa and everyone else. This board and the people on it mean so much to me.

Thanks again.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: