I have adhesions

Thu Aug 25 21:12:42 2005

Hello.

I am a 24 yr old female with adhesions. When I was 21 I had OPEN Gastrip Bypass surgery. I have about a 7 inch incision from my breast bone to my naval.

I was just over 1 year out from surgery when I devloped pain in my stomach. At first I didn't know what it was, and ended up in the hospital for 3 days. The pain eventually went away and I was fine for months. Then, it started coming back on a monthly basis. It felt like there was a huge gas bubble stuck and it wouldn't go anywhere. Sometimes it would get worse when I would eat, but not always.

Anyway, a few months ago I was in the hospital again for the same pain, but it was extremely severe, I thought I had some kind of obstruction. The doctors did a CT scan and X-Rays (which both showed excessive amounts of gas trapped in my intestines). The following morning, I could feel the gas move, and I had immediate relief. It was wonderful. Upon further testing, they discovered that the blockage was gone and that it was most likely caused by adhesions.

Now this pain still comes and goes, but I don't know what to do. Sometimes it happens first thing in the morning, or later on in the day. It doesn't seem to matter what I do, it comes whenever it wants, no matter what I eat or don't eat.

My dr. told me that they don't do surgery to repair the adhesions unless there is total bowel obstruction. In a sick way, I almost want that to happen so they will go in and remove these damn things.

I get so frustrated when this happens.

I'm also saving money for plastic surgery to fix the hanging skin problem. Will these adhesions prevent me from being able to have plastic surgery???

Thanks Courtney

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: