Zelnorm

Tue Aug 9 21:03:37 2005

I wrote a few weeks ago stating that my adhesions which are spread to my intestines were killing me and that i had blood with my stools. My family doctor put me back on Zelnorm as he had told me to stop it for a while. During this period, i got really worse. Since i'm back on Zelnorm i still get swollen, can't eat much, but have less pain as i have regular bowel movements. He also told me that my intestines were probably not working anymore. My last operation was in 1996. I had a total of 3 operations. The first one to remove my uterus and one ovary which was glued to my uterus by adhesions. I also had endo. The second operation was to remove the other ovary and the last one to remove the adhesions. My gyn told me he would'nt operate on me anymore, to see a surgeon. I saw a surgeon in 2000 and he told me to wait till i block completely. Since that time, i had 2 intense periods of pain, like contractions but my constipation got worse and worse over the year.

I also have painful intercourse, burns sometimes when i urinate and have pain near my rectum. I also suffer from fibromyalgia, arthrosis. I have 3 blood tests that could be related to rheumatic arthritis. I noticed that Melissa has the same diseases. I wonder if there are other persons here who suffer from the same, as well as adhesions? I live in Quebec and i think here the doctors are more precautions on the operations. I'm finally glad that the surgeon didn't operate in 2000, of course, i hurt but can wait.I take a lot of medication related to fibromyalgia, high cholesterol, arthrosis, 4 tylenol with codeine a day, colaces, flax seed oil, anti-depressant, flexeril and rivotril for the muscles, arthrotec for the arthrosis, lipidil-micro for the high cholesterol and tryglycerids, neurontin for the pain in fibromyalgia, estrogel for the ostrogens hormones. Of course, some people think i take too much medications but there not the one suffering. So, i don't mind them. I do what i have to do. I sympathize with all of you, understanding what you're going through. I know that one day, i'll probably have to be operated but meanwhile i try not to think about it. I drink a lot of water including mineral water which helps me with the digestion. In the morning and at night especially, i suffer a lot from the arthosis and fibro, my bones, my muscles aches a lot. I do small exercises to help myself,theworst are my heels which prevents me to walk for a long period. Sorry for being soo long and wish good luck to everyone who will undergo a surgery. I have an handicapped daughter who requires a lot of my help and i just wish that one day i won't be crippled too much by all these diseases. So has anyone tried Zelnorm? Thanks for reading me.

--
Odette from Quebec, Canada

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: