Re: Looking for a doc

Mon Jun 13 18:58:28 2005

Tammie,

I understand your point. I know very well that surgery causes adhesions. On the other hand... after dealing with this for the past 10 years, I know what works for me. When I have a lap I am usually better for a little while.

More importnant than that is that I can go off my medications. I am currently on very high doses of narcotics. After a lap I can go off the narcatics & start over again. I know many people do not agree with my thinking, but I would rather have a month or 2 completely pain free, or sometimes I have been lucky enough to have 6 months off meds. I am also hoping that one day the gels & stuff will help stop the adhesions from growing.

I honestly dont know what I would have done at the very begining if I knew what I know now. But what I do now, & the surgeries I decide to have, are based on my knowledge & what I know about my body. I just really hope that this time around I do not need to spend 3 days in the hospital like I did last time. The only reason I was kept in the hospital is because I was on such high doses of pain meds BEFORE the lap, I needed a morphine drip to relieve the pain after the lap. I hope I never get so bad again that I need to stay in the hospital for pain meds.

--
Rach

>Take it easy on yourself! Your going to be okay! >Tammie > >Sender: rachlux68@yahoo.com (Rachel) > >Subject: Looking for a doc > >Can anyone reccommed a good doc to do surgery > >to remove the adhesions?

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: