Re: ovary adhered to bowel??

Mon Apr 18 23:56:47 2005

Hi,

I had same problem with ovary stuck to my small bowel, so bad that there were shared blood vessels between them. The Dr. had to take out a chunk of bowel to get the mess/mass out. In addition to adhesions was a mess of endometriosis and ovary (ruptured and infected) along with dead bowel.

Sorry to be so graphic.. I was in agony and at the time had a jerk Dr who kept tellin me I was under stress thats why I had pain and that I should drink more water and see a shrink. It wasn't until I ran high fever and throwing up that I was given an ultrasound which showed a 10cm mass (the small bowel/ovary).

That was first diagnosis of adhesion prob - that's what stuck the two together in the first place. The rest has been downhill.

The pain I had was intense and deep - down in the lower right quadrant (front) and in the back (felt like it was deep in my hip radiating down to inside of my leg.) All the other sypmtoms you described were same.

Unfortunately I have same problem with adhesions today - worse - and I'm no longer a surgical candidate. Don't know what I'm going to do now.

I don't know if it helped. Just to let you know I know where you are .. get ultrasound ASAP.

--
DT

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: