Recently found out I have this disease.

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Tue Apr 5 08:55:31 2005

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Jada Sent: Saturday, April 02, 2005 8:52 PM Subject: Re: Recently found out I have this disease.

I had seven surgeries in the past six years and I too only ever heard the words scar tissue. They(the doctors) always told me the pain was in my head and that I was overreacting. They would give me some pain medication and send me on my way. Until they started denying me pain meds. telling me that I was drug seeking.

I finally found a doctor who would listen to me and ran a bunch of tests to find out the cause of the pain. She told me that it is not all in my head and that it is something that I could manage with the right care. I am scheduled for another surgery next week to put a barrier in so hopefully the adhesions will not return.Although I know that this is not a cure. My hope is that I will be able to pick up my children and not be in pain.

My message to anyone with a pain that you can not live with or explain, you are not crazy and don't ever doubt your instinct find a doctor who will help and stay persistant. It is really conforting to know that I'm not alone. thank you to all that who have written on this site it trully is a breath of fresh air.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: