Question for anyone

Wed Mar 30 16:35:48 2005

Hey Guys, Okay I got a copuple of questions. I just had a laparoscopy surgery on the 24th, so my gyn could try to figure out why i'm in so much pain etc.

Well he told me after wards that he couldn't do anything, because my adhesions were so bad. He's going to do a laparotomy in about 2 weeks or so, and cut everything out (adhesion wise) and put me back together.

I say put me back together because he said that my uterus was attached to the colon, ovarys with the bladder, and a lot of other things, jsut don't remember what else he said.

My question is why do I have adhesions, and why are they so bad? I've never had any type of surgery's before this laparoscopy( except in the chest area), never any infection etc, or anything. My doctor doesn't even know why either... He's going to meet with his colleagues this week, and then have them meet with me also and try to see if they come up with something.

So as of right now, been really stressed, because i'm not sure whats wrong with my good ole body.

Oh yea...does anyone have any advice on how to get through a laparotomy?

I'm only 23yrs old, and scared to death about that. How long is like a "hospital stay", if there is one, how long is recovery, what should you do and should not do after the laparotomy etc...

Anyone can email me at amyvanderpuy@yahoo.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: