Re: Somewhat scared

Mon Mar 28 19:16:31 2005

Hi Heather and Welcome!

You are definitely not alone, there are MANY of us suffering from adhesions.

To say where your adhesions came from is a guess, but it could have been from your previous cysts or an infection or injury, if you did not have a previous surgery.

Unfortunately, there is no telling on whether the adhesions will come back or not, everyone is different. Adhesions (which are basically internal scar tissue) are normal, and normally occur within 2 weeks of surgery. However, many people do not feel them until much later when they tend to get tougher or tighter and start causing problems. Vicodin is not normally the pain medicine of choice for adhesion sufferers, but again, everyone is different.

There is NOTHING you can do to stop the reoccurrence of adhesions right now, especially since it doesn't sound like your doctor placed any type of adhesion barrier in there. Just try to continue with a normal lifestyle.

Continue to be as active as you can, and don't worry about it. If the pain does return, come back to this site for help and encouragement. A lot of us are long time sufferers who have tried many things to rid us of this debilitating problem. We are here to help.

We wish only pain free days ahead for you!!

Janine

-----Original Message----- Sender: pariswriter82@yahoo.com (Heather) Subject: Somewhat scared

Hello everyone!

I'm glad I found this website, because I am really freaking out. Perhaps I should start at the beginning of my story, though...

At the beginning of this month (March) I kept waking up in the middle of the night in pain.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: