Adhesions - to Karen

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Tue Feb 22 19:06:36 2005

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of geniebene@comcast.net Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 11:12 AM Subject: Re: Adhesions

Karen,

Depending on the skill of the surgeon, I've had adhesions return in a few months, to as long as 2 years before the pain was unbearable. As far as symptoms, I am sure everyone is different, but I have constant achiness in my abdomen with frequent sharp stabbing pains, esp. lower quadrants. I bloat after eating, have chronic vomiting and diarhea. I have malabsorption problems and am so deficient in vitamins its overwhelming!

I can't digest solids very well, so I tend to overcook things and smash them up. Gas is a problem now, so avoid anything that gives you gas...and your pain will be lessened.

More surgery means more adhesions. In my case, I usually wait until it obstructs something , which has been way to frequent these days. Many people will suggest pain management, including my docs, but it's not for me. Not that I want to suffer, but I don't want to be drugged all the time either. Time will tell. Good luck and I hope this helped.

Jeanne

> -------------- Original message --------------

> From: adhesions@adhesions.org

[mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of > Karen Astle
> Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 6:23 PM
> Subject: Adhesions
>
> Where can I find a list of possible symptoms?
> How long after surgery might adhesions occur?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Karen Astle

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: