Re: uterus adhesions to abdominal wall

Mon Jan 31 20:32:27 2005

I just want to say hang in there on your pain. I have a great surgeon.

I have had 15 abdominal surgeries and most have been over adhesions, last year was the most serious. I live about 500 miles from my surgeon but I fly back to have these surgeries that I need. Where I live the doctors don't know me and tell me that they will not even attempt to open me up without being life and death threatening. I guess they don't mind you having an addiction to pain meds or worse yet, they don't care how much pain you are really in. My surgeon has found a few new medical advances that we will be trying out later this month, the barrier and a new breakthrough in pain management, he will be putting a tube with a pump on it that will dispense a lidocain based medicine to deaden the pain instead of masking it. This procedure is by Stryker, and you may want to check it out, the reps will be going into surgery and talking my surgeon through the whole procedure.

My friend had this done when she had a hysterectomy and my Surgeon is very intrigued and hopeful that this will break the once a year surgery.

I do thank god for a surgeon that will listen to me when I am in pain and actually do something about it. I feel the surgeries are worth it if I can have 9 months a year with no pain. Of course, if you have never experienced it, you have no concept of what it is like to experience this type of pain. My prayers go out to everyone that has ever been there.

God Bless

At Sun, 30 Jan 2005, Marie wrote: >
>I have had the very same experience. Same symptoms.
>I have had my uterus removed through laproscopic surgery.
>I was ready for the surgery and prayed it would take away my pain,
>however, I woke up from surgery with severe pelvic pain that has not
>subsided. My surgery was December 9, 2004.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: