Re: Adhesions

Fri Jan 7 19:18:16 2005

Eva,

I have had adhesions removed in June and Sept. of 2004. Both surgeries took approximately 5 hours and after each one the surgeon (in Pennsylvania) filled me with saline.

Four to five weeks after each surgery I am in pain all over again. The second surgery proved to have more adhesions than the first. I am now doing pain management, which is helping. I know it is a very difficult thing to accept that there is nothing you can do. I have tried everything possible because I too would not accept the fact that I would have to learn to live with this.

The problem was I had to convince my doctor to do intense pain management and it seemed that having surgery and pictures was my way of getting him to take me seriously. If they cant see it, it doesnt exist, and they cant see it unless they go in. So in conclusion you need to find a doctor who will take your father for his word and do pain management. Also, massage therapy does help.

I know you are looking for an answer and this doesnt seem like IT, but IT is the only answer for now.

I do understand what you mean by the look on your fathers face. I have lost my laugh lines and developed new one, I would love to have those laugh lines back, they were a large part of me and along with everything else they are gone.

Sincerely,

--
Jeanne Aughenbaugh

At Wed, 5 Jan 2005, Eva wrote: > >Hello. My father has experienced severe adhesion pain for several >years due to several adhesion surgeries. His surgeon has said that any >further surgeries would only cause more adhesions thus causing more >pain. There are some days (most days) that he cannot even stand to be >alive to be honest. >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: