1 & 1/2 year update

Wed Dec 8 09:59:43 2004

Dear All, Dec 3rd marked 1 & 1/2 years since my surgery in Duisburg, Germany. As many know, I came home adhesion free. I am still adhesion pain free!! I still have someother problems, my knees, my lower back hurts when I cook and clean so I have to take breaks, my leaky bladder, my migranes are back since I am off the pain meds, and I have a bunion, but I am out enjoying life. The last 1 & 1/2 years has brought many tears. Some of sadness, many of joy. I got to see my Grand baby be born, she is now 17 months old. I watched my dear Sis battle cancer and loose.

Dec 14th will be the first anniversary of her death. I have gone on 2 vacations.

Something that I hadn't done in many years. I went to see my Brother the weekend before he went to New Jersey for training before he heads to Kuwait. He will be shipping out for Kuwait the 18th of this month. The family got together to celebrate my Mom & Dad's 50th Wedding Anniversary. This past summer our daughter and her family moved back "home". I get to see my Grand daughter a couple of times a week and talk to her on the phone most days. Dan and I just celebrated 21 years of being married. We also have a romantic relationship again. I now do the cooking, cleaning and shopping. If I don't do it alone, Dan helps me. It is more fun with him than doing it by myself. I actually went to the s tore to buy Christmas presents instead of buying on line or having someone buy them for me.

I go to the bathroom reguarly. I don't need to take all that stuff to help me go. I had forgotten what life felt like. At first, I had a hard time staying out of bed. I didn't know what to do with myself. I was a bit scared because I forgot how to live. The last year & 1/2 has passed by quickly. But I still remember how slow the days went by laying in bed. I no longer ask God to take me, but thank him for the beautyful day. I continue to be here so I may help in any way I can. love & prayers, robin M

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: