Emergency Room

Tue Nov 16 15:11:14 2004

I was in the emergency room last night at a totally different hospital thinking I would be treated differently. Not a chance! The pain had become so severe in the last few days that it even has been painful to even walk. I couldn't handle the pain anymore and decided upon myself to go to the emergency room to find out what is happening to me. I was desperately in pain with no relief in sight. I was given the normal tests: blood work up, x-rays and that was about it. I had informed the emergency room doctor that I recently had a colonoscopy in which they found lesions and a large hemroid inside of my colon. I haven't had a chance to go back to my gastro because I need another refferal.And I can't do that because my primary care dropped me as a patient. The emergency room doctor explained to me that the pain I am having is not that severe and he may give me a little something for it. I waited 2 1/2 hours for relief and received none. The nurses kept blowing my veins and gave up trying to get an IV started. I then had to use the restroom and had to wait thinking that another patient was in there. Lo and behold it was a police officer taking his sweet time. I was in agony and couldn't even stand. Went back to my little room where I found bed bugs in my hospital sheets. It was disgusting!!!!!! The nurses and police officers were in there partying up and having such a great time. I was totally ignored for the rest of the time in there. I decided to just walk out and deal with the pain on my own.

I am now at the point where eating solid food is hurting me and I am now on a liquids.It seems to help alot when I just have liquids.I received an e-mail from Governer Jeb Bush's associates telling me he is sorry that I have this non curable disease and how brave I am. Big Deal!!! I plan on writing to him by regular mail in hopes this will get his attention.

I now have to wait for a new primary care. My appointment is Nov. 30th. A long time to wait but I don't have a choice. In the meantime I will just have to deal with this until I can get help. I am right now back at work today, I thought of calling in because the pain is back, but I don't have a choice right now. I have rent to pay. I am glad I was able to vent here today. Thank-you all so much for your support. It really means alot to me. Dee

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: