Re: Anyone in Nevada

Wed Oct 27 22:21:45 2004

Jessica, I am so sorry to hear about what you are going through. I too live in Nevada and am just finding out that there is a serious lack of qualified doctors that specialize in adhesions and laparoscopic surgery here.

I had a hysterectomy due to supposed endometriosis (there really wasn't that much once they went in for the hysterectomy even though they had done 3 previous laparoscopies previous to that)in 95 and they did some bladder surgery at the same time. Since then I have had constant issues, increasing pain, UTI's and chonic constipation all of which has recently become so bad I can no longer self medicate or pretend to feel ok as I have for the last 5 years due to the fact that every doctor I had seen didn't seem to care or would just give me the run around. Luckily just recently about the time that my body has decided to take over my will I was referred to a internal medicine doctor here in Las Vegas who is unlike any other doctor I have ever seen. It was the first time I had ever cried in a doctors office due to relief that he was going to help instead out of fustration.

He believes that my pain and problems are due to adhesions and the possibility of the mesh that was inserted for my bladder surgery is now glued to the ovary they left, my intestine, bladder and who knows what else. In the last two weeks he has done more for me mentally and test wise than any other doctor I have ever seen. I have had all the x-rays, I saw the ob-gyn yesterday, will see the gastro dr today, urologist next wed and have an appt with a surgeon who would be the one to perform the laperoscopy on Friday (I will let you know what I think of him). As much as I would walk in somewhere right this second and let them open me up, my doctor wants to have every possible opinion before going forward. It really concerns me and I can not believe that your doctor would not want to "look" first by doing a laparoscopy so he knows what he's getting into as my doctor does.

Although there is this surgeon who he is referring me to for that proceedure he has already told me that if they find what he thinks they are going to find with the laparoscopy, there is no one in town he would allow to touch me and I am most likely looking at having to go out of state to have the surgery due the that according to him we seriously lack anyone with that kind of experience or expertise here.

I would be more than happy to give you my internists name as well as any of the others I mentioned above (I want to meet with this lap surgeon before hand though just to be sure, I'm unfortunately somewhat pessamistic when it comes to doctors).

You can reach me at tleecet@hotmail.com. I would also love to hear if you come across anyone good that is able to help you. I wish you the very best and hope everything works out for you. Good luck.

At Wed, 20 Oct 2004, Jessica wrote: >
>Hello to all,
>
>I have been reading the board for several months. I am finally at the
>lowest point in my life and need help.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: